Monday, October 02, 2006

 
Why is it that we always have to feel like we have to sound intelligent when we blog? Okay, so I am new to blogging and can't really apply that statement to myself wholesale, but I think based on what I have read in the few blogs I have looked at that the recurring theme is that everyone wants to sound intelligent and philosophical.

So why can't we just be stupid, or silly or crazy? Why does everything seem to have to have meaning nowadays? I miss the days when entertainment was just that... entertainment. I miss getting up as a kid on Saturday mornings and watching cartoons for hours on end that were funny. Bugs Bunny was intended to make a kid laugh, and it did. Now, it seems like everything has to have some educational value, or some social meaning. Now I haven't "seriously" watched cartoons in about 17 years or so, I think anyway, but the ones I have seen lately on TV as my brother's kids watch TV seem like crap. I think I am a 65 year old man in a 33 year old's body. You know the type that wants everything to be like it was when he was a kid.

Hollywood as a whole has me bugged anymore. Why does every movie out of Hollywood have to have some meaning now. Why can't they just leave their political agendas out of the picture (no pun intended) and do what we pay them to do... make movies that entertain us. We don't need any social messages from George Clooney and Matt Damon. If they want to live their lives a certain way, fine go do just that, but stop trying to influence me with your boring ass schtick politico jargon. Even the computer animation for kids has underlying themes in it. Enough already. I don't care about your political affiliations or anything along those lines.

Ah, I don't know what I am talking about half the time anyway. I like to think I am much deeper than I really am, but the truth is I just want mind numbing entertainment. Where is Bugs Bunny when you need him?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?